What is Respondus Lockdown Browser?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown, several schools & universities turned to online exam tools to manage their distance exams.
Respondus Lockdown Browser is a specially designed web browser for taking online exams. It prevents students from copying, pasting, taking screen captures, using instant messaging programs, accessing other applications, or accessing other websites (unless configured to allow access to specified external sites).
How Does Respondus LockDown Browser Work?
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops
- Printing and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts, and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
Introduction to the Online Exam Tool
Visit our shop